When you think about cycling injuries, you likely picture traumatic “Road Rash” crashes – Not chronic elbow tendon pain, like Tennis Elbow or Golfer’s Elbow!
But the fact is, these kinds of injuries are common among ALL kinds of cyclists, hence terms like “Mountain Bikers Elbow” and “Motocross Elbow.”
So, if you’re a cyclist, and you’re starting to wonder:
“Could this stubborn pain and tension in my elbow (or wrist) from riding be a real injury?”
The answer is, yes, it could very well be a significant injury…
Whether your passion is road cycling, mountain biking, BMX, Motocross – or even spinning on a stationary exercise bike!
And, unfortunately, these ‘overuse injuries’ can sometimes be just as hard – If not harder to recover from – than crash-and-smash injuries.
Table Of Contents For The Article:
- Warning signs – The early warning symptoms
- Mountain Biker’s Elbow – MB Elbow and bike fitting tips
- Road Rider’s Elbow – Cyclist’s Elbow + bike fitting tips for road riders
- Motocross Elbow Pain – Motocross and motorcyclists
- BMX – BMX Related Elbow Pain
- Stationary Biking – Stationary bike riding / spinning elbow pain
- Alignment – Tension, posture / alignment-related factors
- Causes – How cycling causes Tennis / Golfer’s Elbow
- Wrong Way – The wrong way to treat these injuries
- RIGHT Way – The right way to treat these injuries
For the full article, on how to treat and beat these injuries, including bike fit and alignment tips for various bike types, please visit:
(Originally published on: https://tenniselbowclassroom.com )